Burn injuries can be traumatizing, both physically and emotionally. Recovering from a serious burn may require extended hospitalization, painful skin graft operations, cosmetic surgery and counseling.
Having helped numerous burn victims recover fair compensation for their injuries, our Las Vegas burn injury lawyers can help make sure you receive the payment you need to cover important treatments and other expenses.
If your injuries were the result of another’s actions, you deserve justice. Our experienced attorneys know the difficulties that arise after a serious burn and are here to help make your life easier.
Causes of Burn Injuries
Our Las Vegas burn injury lawyers have years of experience representing injury victims in a variety of burn cases, including:
- Fires caused by dangerous or defective products
- Fires caused by hazardous conditions in the workplace
- Burn injuries caused by missing smoke alarms or code violations in apartment buildings
- Natural gas explosions
- Propane tank explosions
- Chemical burns
- Fuel-fed fires resulting from car accidents
- Electrical fires
- Structural fires in commercial or private buildings
These burns are classified in three categories, all of which cause severe pain and damage to a victim.
- First degree burns – This is the least severe level. These types of burns damage the top layer of skin and can cause severe pain, redness and swelling.
- Second degree burns – These burns penetrate deeper layers of skin, which can cause blistering and severe sensitivity, in addition to swelling and redness. Scarring often results from second degree burns, which can require skin grafts.
- Third degree burns – These are the most severe types of burns and can damage the deepest layers of skin, as well as muscle and bone. These injuries can be permanent and often require surgery.
No matter what caused your injuries, we understand the pain and suffering you have experienced. We are focused on handling all of the details and negotiations involved with your case so you can focus on your recovery and putting your life back together.
A Commitment to Fighting for Fair Compensation
We have seen firsthand the devastating effects of severe burn injuries and understand the tremendous amount of treatment and specialty care that is often required as a result these injuries. We also know these injuries can leave lasting scars, both physically and psychologically.
This is why our Las Vegas burn injury lawyers are committed to helping victims and their families recover the maximum amount of compensation possible. We know that burn treatment is expensive and are dedicated to fighting to ensure you have the money needed for the best care.
We will fight to help you recover compensation for:
- Economic damages – This can include past and future medical bills, rehabilitation expenses, missed work, lost income, future lost income and diminished earning capacity.
- Non-economic damages – Because burns are such painful injuries, most victims are able to recover compensation for the physical pain and mental anguish they were forced to endure.
- Punitive damages – In some cases of severe negligence or wrongdoing, a victim may be able to recover punitive damages that are meant to punish the liable party and discourage similar actions.
We will utilize medical experts and investigators in order to thoroughly and completely investigate your accident and determine who should be held liable for your injuries. Once we have compiled all of the necessary evidence, we will build a robust case that fights for the maximum amount of compensation you are entitled.
You can trust that our Las Vegas burn injury lawyers will put your interests first as we aggressively negotiate with insurance companies and liable parties. As skilled litigators, we are not afraid to take a case to court in order to recover what is rightfully owed to you.
Contact Our Las Vegas Burn Injury Lawyers
At Henness & Haight, we are committed to helping people regain their lives through excellence in representation. We provide the highest level of customer service and legal expertise to help ensure our clients have the resources they need to put their lives back together after an accident.
If you or someone you love has suffered from a severe burn caused by another’s negligence, our Las Vegas burn injury lawyers can help you seek the justice you deserve.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation to determine if you have a case. We work on a contingency fee basis and do not get paid unless you receive a successful verdict or settlement.