A brain injury can change a life forever, causing far-reaching consequences that can require a lifetime of care and medical attention. Recovering the funds to pay for expensive treatment is vital to ensuring the financial stability of the victim and their family.
Our Las Vegas brain injury lawyers know the importance of winning the maximum amount of compensation in this type of case. This is why we are committed to fighting for all injured victims and helping them obtain the medical care they need.
As a leading personal injury firm in Nevada, we have a proven record of success in head injury cases. Schedule a free, no obligation consultation to learn more about how we can help you.
Types of Brain Injuries
Every injury to the brain is unique and each case varies in severity depending on the circumstances of the accident. Some of the more common types of trauma our Las Vegas brain injury lawyers have seen include:
- Penetrating brain injuries – This includes damage that results from a blunt force to the head that causes cracks or breaks in the scull.
- Closed head injuries – These types of injuries are much more difficult to diagnose because they do not result in any obvious damage to the skull.
- Concussions – This type of injury is commonly caused by the brain being shaken or battered. The head does not need to come into contact with a hard surface in order for damage to occur, though concussions are most often caused by car accidents and sports injuries.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) – A TBI results in brain dysfunction caused an outside force or blow to the head. Severe trauma can have lasting devastating effects.
- Acquired brain injuries – This type of damage can be caused by disease, a stroke or tumors.
- Anoxic brain injuries – These occur when the brain does not receive enough oxygen.
Depending on the severity of the injury, a person may experience:
- Memory loss
- Changes in personality
- Loss of cognitive ability
- Difficulty concentrating
- Sleep disturbances
- Limited motor skills
- Impaired judgement
Every injury to the brain, even if it seems minor at first, requires immediate medical attention. Symptoms may not appear immediately following an accident, but they can develop and worsen over time.
Regardless of the type or severity of an injury, most injuries will result in limitations and lasting effects on a person’s quality of life. Because of this, seeking legal counsel is important for those who have been injured due to another’s negligence.
Whether your loved one’s injury was caused by a careless doctor, car accident or construction accident, our Las Vegas brain injury lawyers can help you fight for the compensation needed to help cover the massive expenses associated with caring for a loved one with a brain injury.
Fighting for Fair Compensation
Those who have been injured because of another’s actions have a right to seek compensation to cover their economic and non-economic losses caused by their injury.
The lives of brain injury victims are forever changed, which is why it is important to seek representation from a reputable attorney immediately after an accident. Our Las Vegas brain injury lawyers are experienced in handling these types of cases and understand the complex issues injury victims often face.
We will fight aggressively to help you recover compensation for:
- Past, present and future medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Lost wages
- Loss of companionship
- Punitive damages when appropriate
Our attorneys will analyze the details of your case by consulting with medical experts in order to determine the amount of compensation that is appropriate for your loved one’s injuries and financial losses. Those who have lost a loved one may be entitled to additional damages.
Do not hesitate to contact our Las Vegas office for a free, no obligation consultation. The sooner we begin building your case, the better we can protect your rights.
Contact Our Las Vegas Brain Injury Lawyers
At Henness & Haight, we understand the devastation that results from a brain injury, which is why we are committed to fighting for your rights and for the maximum amount of compensation you deserve.
Contact our Las Vegas brain injury lawyers today if you loved one has suffered because of another’s negligent, careless or intentional actions. Your first consultation is always free and we do not get paid unless you win.