According to data reported by TeenSafe, distracted driving leads to 25% of all motor vehicle collision fatalities. This is quite clearly an alarming statistic. Henness & Haight is a personal injury law firm in Las Vegas, and we see first hand the devastation that is caused by distracted driving.
Of course, our cellphones are one of the primary causes of distraction. You’re likely guilty of using it at some point while driving yourself. Our firm’s goal is to highlight the dangers of texting and driving – and we’re offering a $1,500 scholarship to the student who best helps our cause.
Create a YouTube Video Centered on Texting and Driving
Be creative and put together a video that highlights the dangers of texting and driving. You could include stats, charts, graphics, a story, a simulated newscast, or any number of methods to deliver your point. We’ll review each student’s video and select a winner at the end of the year.
Here’s what you need to do to enter:
- Create a video highlighting the dangers of texting and driving
- Upload the video to YouTube – use the title Henness & Haight 2020 Texting and Driving Awareness Scholarship
- Use the form below, fill it out completely, and submit your video to the firm.
- Like and Follow Henness & Haight on both Facebook and Instagram
- The winner will need to provide Henness & Haight with his or her school and financial aid information (we’ll send the check to your financial aid office on your behalf)
Who Can Enter?
High school seniors accepted to a university, college, or trade school, or students currently enrolled in a university, college, or trade school (or enrolled to begin in the Fall semester of 2020).
The Deadline for entry is September 15, 2020. We’ll choose a winner by October 15th and will notify the winner when selected.
Due to the unforeseen circumstances with the ongoing pandemic, we have extended the deadline for scholarship submission to December 31, 2020. This will enable scholarship recipient funds for the 2021 Spring semester or upcoming Fall 2021 semester, payable directly to the university they are/will be attending.
Also, to be eligible for this scholarship, you must like and follow Henness & Haight on Facebook and Instagram.