A construction worksite can be a dangerous place. Sadly, many workers, customers, and passersby are injured or killed in preventable construction site accidents each year. Indeed, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) reports that more than 20 percent of all workplace fatalities recorded in the United States occur within the construction industry.

If you were hurt on a construction site, you deserve justice and full and fair financial support. This raises an important question: How much is a construction injury case worth? The answer depends on several factors. In this article, our Las Vegas construction accident attorneys highlight four important questions that will determine how much your construction accident settlement is actually worth.

What is the Value of My Construction Accident Case?

Are Your Bringing a Workers’ Compensation Claim, a Personal Injury Claim, or Both?

As a starting point, you must clarify the type of construction accident that occurred. More specifically, are you bringing a Nevada workers’ compensation claim, a personal claim, or both?

If you were not working at the time that the construction accident occurred, this is a relatively straightforward question: Your construction accident claim is a personal injury claim. Nevada workers’ compensation rules and regulations will not be a factor in your case.

However, if you were injured while on the job, you need to determine whether or not your construction accident case is a workers’ compensation claim, a personal injury claim, or both. In Nevada, your exclusive remedy against your employer is through that state’s workers’ compensation system. Benefits are available to you even if the accident was your fault. You must complete and submit Form C-4 – Employee’s Compensation Report of Initial Treatment and pursue financial support through the workers’ comp insurance system.

That being said, if you were working at a construction site in Clark County, NV, and you suffered an injury caused by the negligence of a party other than your employer, you may also be able to recover a