Property owners and managers are legally obligated by local, state and federal laws to ensure their properties and buildings are free from hazards and safe for visitors. If they fail in this duty, they can be held liable for any injuries that occur on their property.
The Las Vegas product liability attorneys at Henness & Haight have decades of experience representing those who have been injured because of the negligence of a property owner. We know the devastating injuries that can result, which is why we are committed to helping injury victims recover the maximum amount of compensation needed to cover medical bills, lost wages and other expenses.
Backed by a strong record of success, we have the skills and resources needed to recover the compensation you deserve.
Types of Cases
Injuries that result in premises liability claims can occur on a variety of properties and under various circumstances. A victim could slip and fall in a store or restaurant, a falling object could injure someone on a construction site, a victim could be robbed at a club or a dog could viciously attack a bystander.
Whether your injuries happened on public, private or commercial property, you deserve justice for injuries caused by the negligence of a property owner. Our Las Vegas premises liability attorneys have years of experience representing those who have been injured in all types of situations, including:
- Slip and fall – When a property owner of a grocery store, restaurant, casino or other location fails to fix a dangerous situation that leads to a slip and fall accident, they could be held liable for the resulting injuries.
- Inadequate security – When a lack of security at a hotel, restaurant, club, concert, bar or other public place results in a person being attacked or robbed, the property owner can be held liable for failing to provide a safe and secure environment.
- Dog bites and animal attacks – If a dangerous or aggressive dog or other animal attacks and injures a victim, the dog owner can be held responsible.
- Workplace injuries – Although workers’ compensation laws prohibit personal injury lawsuits against employers for workplace accidents, our Las Vegas workers’ compensation attorneys can help you file a third-party liability claim against anyone party that might be responsible for your injuries.
Some additional situations that could fall under premises liability law include:
- Collapsing chairs or stools
- Falling objects
- Broken pavement or sidewalks
- Open manholes
- Poorly maintained stairways
- Sidwalks or walkways covered in debris
- Poor lighting
- Unmarked danger zones
- Unlabeled construction zones
Our success in premises liability cases stems from our ability to aggressively negotiate on our client’s behalf with responsible parties and their insurance companies. We know the pain and suffering our clients have experienced and are willing to go the extra mile to ensure they recover what is rightfully owed to them.
Fighting for the Compensation You Deserve
Property owners are legally required to ensure the safety of visitors and guests on their property. If there is a dangerous situation on the property, it is their responsibility to providing adequate warnings. If you or a loved one has been injured because of a property owner’s failure to provide a safe environment, you may be entitled to seek compensation.
After an accident, you should immediately report the incident and then contact our Las Vegas premises liability attorneys. We will begin investigating the circumstances surrounding your accident and building a robust case to recover the maximum amount of compensation you deserve.
In order to do this, our attorneys will gather conclusive evidence that demonstrates:
- A dangerous condition existed on the property
- The owner or manager of the property knew or should have known about the dangers
- The owner or manager of the property had ample time to exercise reasonable care and fix the hazard
- The dangerous situation directly caused the victim’s injuries
Our team of investigators and knowledgeable support staff will review the accident report, analyze your medical records, review photos and videos of the incident, visit the accident scene and consult with medical experts in order to build a strong case on your behalf.
Although premises liability cases may seem black and white from the beginning, a number of circumstances can greatly complicate these types of cases, such as:
- A person who is trespassing will not typically be able to recover compensation
- Children who venture into restricted areas may be able to recover compensation if there were not adequate warning signs posted
- If a third party was partially responsible for your injuries
Our Las Vegas premises liability attorneys will thoroughly investigate every detail of your case in order to determine who should be held liable and the best way to build a strong case against them. It is our goal to help you recover the maximum amount of compensation you need to rebuild your life after an unexpected injury.
Contact Our Las Vegas Premises Liability Attorneys
At Henness & Haight, we place the needs of our clients first and work tirelessly to help ensure you receive the compensation you need to cover all of the damages you have suffered after an accident.
In an effort to ensure their best interests are always well-represented, our Las Vegas premises liability attorneys provide individualized attention and care to each and every client we represent.
For a free review of your claim and to find out if you have a case, contact Henness & Haight today. We work on a contingency fee basis, which means we do not get paid unless your case is successful.