Ridesharing from services like Uber or Lyft is designed to make travel simpler and safer. But, that’s not always the case.
If you’ve been involved in an accident while using a ridesharing service, contact a Las Vegas rideshare accident lawyer at Henness & Haight Injury Law.
Rideshare Accidents in Las Vegas Are On the Rise
In just 12 years, Uber — the most recognizable ridesharing service — has grown its active rider base to 90 million active riders across more than 63 countries and boasts a nearly $80 billion valuation. But in the wake of lightning-fast growth, it’s no surprise that issues have arisen for Uber, Lyft, and other ridesharing competitors on our roads.
As Nevada’s population grows, the Nevada Department of Transportation reports that Las Vegas car accidents are also increasing, for a total of over 56,000 accidents in 2019. With billions of trips happening each year as part of ridesharing services, it’s inevitable that rideshare drivers and passengers will be involved in fatal and non-fatal car accidents. Rideshare accidents involving one or more vehicles may be the result of:
- Distracted rideshare drivers
- Rideshare drivers under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Rideshare drivers practicing reckless or aggressive driving
- Unsafe or malfunctioning vehicles
Unfortunately, any Las Vegas car accident lawyer will tell you that rideshare companies often dispute their accountability after an accident during service. That’s why if you’ve been involved in a rideshare accident, you need experienced legal support. It is in your best interest to seek out a Las Vegas law firm before you attempt to contact the ridesharing company you used at the time of the accident.
Fighting for Compensation After a Rideshare Accident
The insurance claim process following a vehicle accident is tricky. It becomes even more so when multiple parties are involved, and one or more drivers are being paid for their driving service, as is the case with these types of accidents.
If you sustained injuries or other damages after a rideshare accident, you could receive compensation from one or more parties, depending on what happened.
At Henness & Haight, our job is to help the legal system determine who is at fault and therefore financially responsible for your suffering. In the case of a rideshare accident in Las Vegas, this could be:
- The driver working for the ridesharing company
- The ridesharing company
- A third party driver involved in the accident
Our Law Vegas law firm knows how insurance companies attempt to avoid responsibility after complex car accidents like these occur. When you work with Henness & Haight, our law firm uses years of experience with insurance companies to build your case. We will:
- Interview eyewitnesses at the scene of your accident.
- Analyze medical diagnoses and treatments following the accident, police accident reports, and insurance investigation notes to construct a solid timeline and account of the events that transpired during and before the accident.
- Tap into our network of consultants who are experts in their field. From medical or behavioral reviews to accident reconstructions and more, we’ll make sure your case is built on facts.
- Manage all communication with insurance companies, allowing you to focus on recovery.
Contact an Experienced Las Vegas Rideshare Accident Attorney
Every time you hail a ride in Las Vegas, you deserve safe transportation. If you’ve been involved in an accident as a passenger of a ridesharing service, contact the Las Vegas law firm of Henness & Haight Injury Law.
Our Las Vegas rideshare accident attorneys will be your advocates in and out of court. From finding the right medical care to filing a personal injury claim and fighting for fair compensation, we will hold insurance and rideshare companies accountable. Don’t wait; contact our rideshare accident lawyers today.