While any traffic accident can be devastating, truck accidents have the potential to cause a greater amount of destruction that poses a high risk for injuries.
If you have been injured in an accident involving a large truck, it is important to hire an attorney who has an in-depth understanding of commercial vehicle laws and experience representing victims of similar accidents.
A dedicated attorney will work diligently for you to build your case and help you recover compensation by:
- Determining the liable party: Identifying the liable party in a commercial truck accident can be complex. There may be multiple parties involved in the accident, such as the driver, the company that owns the truck or even the truck manufacturer.
- Determining the best strategy: An experienced attorney will know the best legal platform to handle your case. Your case may be better suited for mediation or arbitration where a quick settlement can be reached. Settling outside of a court room can be beneficial, and an attorney will be able to handle the complexities of a private negotiation.
- Investigating the accident: An attorney will conduct an in-depth investigation into the accident and review all aspects of your claim to provide a solid argument for your case. An experienced attorney will also acquire any important documentation and accident reports that can benefit your case.
- Negotiating: Reaching a settlement with a trucking company or insurance provider can be complex due to the number of parties involved. By hiring an attorney experienced in commercial vehicle law and insurance claims, you will increase your chances of receiving a higher amount of compensation.
- Providing knowledge and experience: Hiring an attorney with prior experience in defending victims of truck accidents will help ensure they are well-versed in commercial vehicle laws. Having an understanding of the laws and regulations that may have been violated and caused your accident will help to form a case from your claim.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a truck accident, it is important to hire an attorney who has experienced in representing victims of truck accidents.
At Henness & Haight, our Las Vegas truck accident lawyers have defended the rights of numerous accident victims and will review your claim for free to determine if you have a case that entitles compensation. We work on a contingency fee basis, which means we will not charge you any legal fees unless you are awarded damages for your claim.